Tour Operators and Travel Agencies Ecology Question 8
<< Back to the Tour Operators and Travel Agencies question list.
Previous: Tour Operators and Travel Agencies Ecology Question 7.
Next: Tour Operators and Travel Agencies Ecology Question 9.
Is at least 10% of the brand's (company's) offered accommodation certified as being environmentally responsible?
Dutch version: Heeft tenminste 10% van de door het merk (bedrijf) aangeboden accommodaties een certificering voor milieuzorg?
German version: Sind mindestens 10% der angebotenen Unterkünfte umweltzertifiziert?
References and Guidelines
See Tour Operators and Travel Agencies Ecology Question 7 for references/ more background information. Here we ask for at least 10% of the accommodations, that can be measured either:
- 10% of the offered number of offered accommodations (so 10% of the accommodation list)
- 10% of the sold nights in accommodations (for this case, popular accommodations are sold more often and if certified, these accommodations may contribute more to the 10%)
For example Kuoni (see page 26) reports that in 2010 13,8% of its guests have stayed in Travelife audited hotels (based on passenger volume, beds per night).
- At least […]% of [brand]’s accommodations are certified by [name of certification].
- Only […]% of [brand]’s accommodations are certified by [name of certification].
- [brand] clearly states that it does not offer any environmentally certified accommodations.
- [brand] does not communicate whether or not its accommodation is environmentally certified.