Soda Environmental Policy Question 11
Has the brand achieved an average level of water use below 2,5 litres per litre of soda produced?
- Dutch version: Ligt het gemiddelde waterverbuik van het merk (bedrijf) beneden het niveau van 2,5 liter per liter frisdrank?
- German version: Liegt der durchschnittliche Wasserverbrauch des Markenherstellers unter dem Niveau von 2,5 Litern je produziertem Getränkeliter?
References and Guidelines
This question is also an efficiency based question, see Soda Environmental Policy Question 10 for References and Guidelines. The Beverage Industry Environmental Roundtable (BIER) has researched the water use ratio for carbonated soft drinks at 705 carbonated soft drink bottling facilities and found an average of 2.11L/L (see page 6). Coca-Cola shows the best practice by communicating the overall average water consumption per liter soda produced (2,26).
- [Brand] has achieved […l] water consumption per litre of production in the past (see link/page...).
- [Brand] has achieved […l] water consumption litre of production (see link/page...). Brand performance is below average performance for the sector.
- [Brand] does not communicate any information about its consumption per unit of product, if there is any, on its website. Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.