Restaurant Chains Environmental Policy Question 9
<< back to Restaurant Chains section
Previous: Restaurant Chains Environmental Policy Question 8
Next: Restaurant Chains Environmental Policy Question 10
Does the brand (company) have a proper vegetarian assortment or a policy to increase this?
NL: Heeft het merk een voldoende vegetarisch assortiment of een beleid om dit uit te breiden?
DE: Bietet der Markenhersteller ein umfangreiches Angebot vegaterischer Mahlzeiten an? Werden darüber hinaus Maßnahmen umgesetzt, um das Angebot zu erweitern?
Best practices is e.g. Maoz, a small Dutch restaurant chain that only offers vegetarian food.
The brand will only receive a yes when it offers at least two proper vegetarian menus; or has a policy to increase the share of vegetarian sales. We further follow this standard of the Veggies Association in the Netherlands, that also includes other types of restaurants such as snackbars.
- [Brand] offers substantial vegetarian food, e.g. [...] (see link/page]
- [Brand] offers a full vegetarian assortment (see link/page).
- [Brand] explicitly says not to sell vegetarian meals (see link/page).
- [Brand] does not communicate any policy about selling vegetarian and meat substitutes. Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.
- [Brand] offers only one vegetarian food, but has no policy to increase this, and substantially offers [meat / fish].