Generic Technology, Communication & Online - Ecology Question 36
<<back to Generic Criteria Technology, Communication & Online question list.
Previous: Generic Technology, Communication & Online - Ecology Question 35
Next: Generic Technology, Communication & Online - Ecology Question 37
Does the brand have a substantial environmental policy for all electronics used in company operations?
Dutch version: Heeft het merk een substantieel aankoopbeleid met betrekking tot het milieu voor alle elektronica die wordt gebruikt in de bedrijfsvoering?
German version: Bezieht der Markenhersteller Umweltkriterien in das Beschaffungswesen für technische Geräte zur betriebseigenen Nutzung ein?
To a significant extent companies like telecom or web companies procure electronic devices produced by other companies for its own operations. The same applies to network infrastructure. These companies should therefore implement a policy on at least Tier 1 level (direct suppliers) that addresses clear standards regarding our environmental criteria for electronics brands. As an example see e.g. Tier 1-4 level categorization by Vodafone on page 61.
At least 5 out of the following 9 identified groups of our environmental policy criteria for electronics brands should be covered comprehensively:
- hazardous chemicals
- raw materials processed
- recycling of raw materials
- land use
- consumer packaging
- product lifecycle
Details about the identified groups can be found at our environmental criteria for electronics brands: Electronics#Questions_about_Ecology.
---Important--- For other possible groups, best practices and concrete examples regarding environmental criteria for suppliers and / or service providers that you come accross, please report them specifically to the verifier.
- Rank ‘Yes’ when the brand has met the above requirements.
- Rank ‘?’ when the information is not found on the website or when not enough detailed information has been provided.
- Rank ‘No’ when the brand has clearly stated that they do NOT take this information into account.
- (Brand) does not provide information on its policy for (...), if there is one, through its website. Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.