Generic Fashion - Climate Protection Question 8
EN: Are the greenhouse gas emissions below 200 kg CO2-eq per square meter shopping floor per year?
NL: Zijn de emissies van broeikasgassen minder dan 200 kg CO2-eq per vierkante meter winkeloppervlakte per jaar?
DE: Liegt der Wert der Treibhausgasemissionen bei unter 200 kg CO2e pro Quadratmeter Einkaufsfläche?
Some fashion companies, such as fashion retailers run shops with large shop areas. Energy use for those shops contributes a siginficant share of greenhouse gas emissions to a companies total climate footprint. This question rewards (almost) best practices as found in the fashion sectors:
- Zeeman reports an average level below 200 kg CO2-eq/m2 for 2015, see link, page 71.
- WE Fashion reports 62 kg CO2-eq/m2 for 2015, see link, page 22.
This indicates that 200 kg CO2-eq/m2/year should be well within reach.
Rank 'Yes' for brands that meet or exceed the 200 kg CO2-eq per square meter shopping floor per year. If you find other claims that seem to hold substantial information, please contact the Verifier.
Rank 'No' for brands which state to not quantify its ghg emissions efficiency per square meter shopping floor per year.
Rank '?' for brands that don't publish this information.
- [Brand] reported its greenhouse gas emissions efficiency level per sqm shopping floor. The efficiency is well below 200 kg/m2/year.
- [Brand] reports a greenhouse gas emissions efficiency level of [_] kg CO2 per sqm shopping floor for [year].
- [Brand] reports to not quantify its greenhouse gas emissions efficiency per sqm shopping floor.
- [Brand] does not report its greenhouse gas emissions efficiency level per sqm shopping floor.
- [Brand] reports about several measures to save energy in its stores and buildings, mainly related to [lighting, heating and ventilation*]. However, tangible information about an energy efficiency level lower than 200 kg CO2 per sqm isn't reported.
-* You can pick the topic that applies to 'your' brand.
Note: when linking to a downloadable source document, please refer to the page(s) where to find the respective information with: (see link, page [..]).
Optional, but only for ? Answers, feel free to write at the end of a remark: Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.