Generic Carbon Emissions Question 17
Is at least XX% of the brand (company) consumption of energy derived from renewable sources?
- Dutch version: Is tenminste XX% van het totale energieverbruik van het merk (bedrijf) afkomstig van hernieuwbare bronnen?
- German version: Stammen mindestens XX% des kompletten Energieverbrauchs der Marke/des Unternehmens aus erneuerbaren Quellen?
This question relates to aspect EN16 and EN18 of the GRI Sustainability Reporting Guidelines & Food Processing Sector Supplement
Note: this question is about the use of renewable energy for heat / thermal and electricity.
Concerning renewable electricity, the stipulations in Generic Carbon Emissions Question 5 should be met to award a 'yes', THIS INCLUDES that the company mentions the specific source(s) of the green electricity.
A ‘Yes’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company uses at least XX% energy from renewable sources.
A ‘No’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company uses less than XX% energy from renewable sources.
A ‘?’ is applicable when:
- The brand does not publish the percentage of its energy that is renewable.
- [Brand] uses […%] energy from renewable sources (see link/page...).
- [Brand] uses […%] energy from renewable sources. Brand performance is below the average for the beer sector.
- [Brand] explicitly says not to [...] (see link/page...).
- [Brand] does not communicate any information about the percentage of its energy that is obtained from renewable sources on its website. Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.