Beer Environmental Policy Question 7
Has the brand achieved an average level of water use below 5 hectolitres per hectolitre of beer produced?
- Dutch version: Ligt het gemiddelde waterverbuik van het merk (bedrijf) beneden het niveau van 5 hectoliter per hectoliter bier?
- German version: Liegt der durchschnittliche Wasserverbrauch des Markenherstellers unter dem Niveau von 5 Hektolitern je produziertem Hektoliter Bier?
This question is also an efficiency based question, see Beer Environmental Policy Question 6 for references and Guidelines. The performance of 3,3 HL/HL has proven to be a best practice in the sector already with Bavaria and Astra (resp. Carlsberg Group) already having achieved water consumption of 3,3 HL/HL of beer produced.
A ‘Yes’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company has achieved 5 hectolitres water consumption per hectolitre of production or less.
A ‘No’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company has achieved more than 5 hectolitres water consumption per hectolitre of production
A ‘?’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company does not publish its water consumption per hectolitre of production on the website
- [Brand] has achieved […hl] water consumption per hectolitre of production in the past (see link/page...).
- [Brand] has achieved […hl] water consumption hectolitre of production (see link/page...). Brand performance is below average performance for the sector.
- [Brand] does not communicate any information about its water consumption per unit of product, if there is any, on its website. Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.