Beer Climate Change Question 7
Has the brand achieved a carbon emissions efficiency level below 8,5 kg CO2 per hectolitre of production ?
- Dutch version: Heeft het merk (bedrijf) afgelopen jaar een uitstoot gerealiseerd beneden het niveau van 8,5 kg C02 per hectoliter bier?
- German version: Hat die Brauerei einen Energieeffizienz-Level unter dem Niveau von 8,5 kg CO2 per Hektoliter Bier erreicht?
This question is a follow up to Beer Climate Change Question 6. The benchmark of 8,5 kg CO2/hectoliter beer is already achieved by several beer brands, and almost by Heineken, on the international level the company has achieved 8,8 kg CO2/hectoliter beer.
A ‘Yes’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company has achieved 8,5 kg CO2 or less per hectolitre of product for its relative carbon emissions
A ‘No’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company has achieved more than 8,5 kg CO2 per hectolitre of product for its relative carbon emissions.
A ‘?’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company does not publish its relative carbon emission achievements on the website
- [Brand] has achieved […kgCO2/hl] for its relative carbon emissions, (see link/page...).
- [Brand] has achieved […kgCO2/hl] for its relative carbon emissions (see link/page...). Brand performance is lower than the best practice for this sector
- [Brand] does not communicate any information about its relative carbon emission reduction per unit of production if there is one, on its website. Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.