Beer Climate Change Question 10
Is at least 25% of the brand (company) consumption of energy derived from renewable sources?
- Dutch version: Is tenminste 25% van het totale energieverbruik van het merk (bedrijf) afkomstig van hernieuwbare bronnen?
- German version: Stammen mindestens 25% des kompletten Energieverbrauchs der Marke/des Unternehmens aus erneuerbaren Quellen?
This question is a follow up to the previous question, so for references see Beer Climate Change Question 9.
A good practice of 22,7% is achieved by Neumarkter Lammsbräu, see "Nachhaltigkeitsbericht 2014", page 52.
This question encourages brands to make use of any possible initiatives to produce green energy thus reducing their emissions.
A ‘Yes’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company uses at least 25% energy from renewable sources
A ‘No’ is applicable when:
- The brand/company uses less than 25% energy obtained from renewable sources.
A ‘?’ is applicable when:
- The brand does not publish the percentage energy obtained from renewable sources.
- [Brand] uses 100% energy from renewable sources (see link/page...).
- [Brand] has achieved […%] energy from renewable sources. Brand has performance has not reached the best practice for the sector.
- [Brand] explicitly says not to [...] (see link/page...)
- * [Brand] does not communicate any information about the percentage of its energy that is obtained from renewable sources on its website. Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.