Telecom provider 2017 - Labour Policy Question 4
Does the brand (company) have a published list of direct suppliers that have collectively contributed to more than 90% of the purchase volume?
Dutch version: Heeft het merk (bedrijf) een lijst van fabrieken gepubliceerd die samen meer dan 90% van het inkoopvolume vertegenwoordigen?
German version: Hat der Markenhersteller eine Liste der Direktanbieter veröffentlicht, die gemeinschaftlich mehr als 90 Prozent des Einkaufsvolumens beitragen?
One of the ultimate (and unusual) ways to boost transparency is to share the final assembly supplier list with other brands or even better, to make the list public online.
You can reward a ‘Yes’ if the list is no more than 2 years old (e.g., a list with suppliers from 2016 qualifies up to and including 2018) and is likely to cover more than 90% of the brand’s total production (final assembly suppliers) of that reported year.
Note: For now it is not necessary that the brand publishes addresses of the suppliers, but this will be probably be added to the criteria in the nearby future.
- [Brand] has published a list of direct suppliers that are likely to cover 90% of its total production, effective by [date].
- [Brand] has published a list of all active direct suppliers.
- [Brand] has published a list of suppliers which most likely covers 90% of the [Brand]'s total production.
- [Brand] explicitly says it does not publish the names and contact details of its suppliers (e.g. for competition reasons).
- [Brand] does not provide a significant list of direct suppliers.
- [Brand] has published a list of direct suppliers. However, it remains unclear whether this list covers at least 90% of [Brand]'s entire production volume, effective by [date].
- [Brand] has published an overview of sourcing countries, but does not provide a significant list of direct suppliers.
-* You can pick the topic that applies to 'your' brand.
Note: when linking to a downloadable source document, please refer to the page(s) where to find the respective information with: (see link, page [..]).
Optional, but only for ? Answers, feel free to write at the end of a remark: Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.