Telecom provider 2017 - Ecology Question 3
Does the brand recycle at least 90% of its waste, rather than incinerating it or dumping it on a landfill?
NL: Recyclet het merk minstens 90% van zijn afval, in plaats van het te verbranden of dumpen op een afvalstort?
DE: Recycled der Markenhersteller mindestens 90% des selbsterzeugten Abfalls - statt Müllverbrennung oder Deponierung?
Following up on the previous environmental question about waste, and in line with transitioning to a fully circular economy, companies are encouraged to recycle, donate or reuse as much waste as possible, rather than incinerating it, or sending it to a landfill. As such, this question similarly corresponds to Disclosure 306-2 of the Global Reporting Initiative, and rewards best practices such as those by Telefonica (page 163). Note that reuse and donation are counted here as valid alternatives to recycling.
- The brand reports that at least 90% of its waste (measured in weight or volume) is recycled. Reusing and donating also count toward this percentage.
- Brand specifically reports that it recycles less than 90% of its total waste. Waste can be measured in volume or weight.
Brand reports no percentage, or the percentage refers to only part of a company’s waste.
- [Brand] reports that in [year] at least 90% of its total waste [volume/(measured in weight)*] was recycled, reused or donated (see link, page...).
- [Brand] reports that in [year] less than 90% of its total waste [volume/(measured in weight)*] was recycled, reused or donated (see link, page...).
- [Brand] does not report what percentage of its total waste [volume/(measured in weight)*] was recycled, reused or donated (see link, page...).
- [Brand] report a percentage of recycled, reused, or donated waste, but it is not clear whether this refers to [brand]’s total waste [volume/(measured in weight)*] (see link, page...).
-* You can pick the topic that applies to 'your' brand. Note: when linking to a downloadable source document, please refer to the page(s) where to find the respective information with: (see link, page [..]). Optional, but only for ? Answers, feel free to write at the end of a remark: Sustainability information should be easily accessible for consumers to make responsible choices.